Questa Engineering Corporation
is a well-established and stable civil, environmental, and water resource engineering and landscape architecture planning and design firm. Our multi-disciplinary, in-house team of experts is known for developing innovative solutions to a variety of complex environmental challenges. We are located in an attractive waterfront setting overlooking sailboats, marina, and San Francisco, near historic downtown Point Richmond and across from a regional park. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, paid time off, matching 401k after one year, and a fun, flexible, casual work environment (sorry, not served by public transit). Questa is an equal opportunity employer.
(updated April 2023)
We are seeking a full-time Project Assistant for administrative/office-related support.
- Preparing, writing, editing, formatting and producing (printing, binding and compiling PDFs) a variety of large project reports, proposals/statements of qualifications, construction specification/bid document packages, and operation & maintenance manuals.
- Project management assistance, including preparation of invoices, budget tracking, and contracts.
- Preparation of spreadsheets for cost estimates, budgets, invoices, data graphs and charts.
- Preparation of office forms and templates (Word, Excel and PDF).
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Requests for insurance certificates.
- Website and graphics editing.
- General word processing (typing, formatting, proofreading and editing), filing, organizing, and as-needed office support.
- Advanced MS Word skills, including organization and formatting of large (100+ pages) documents, usage of custom styles, compiling documents from multiple sources, etc.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including spreadsheets for cost estimates, budgets, data sorting, graphs and charts
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate staff needs and work under pressure to meet tight, sometimes competing deadlines
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills; ability to compose correspondence with minimal input
- Dependable, highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Flexible and effective in a casual, entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision and ability to work well with a variety of people
- 60+ WPM typing
- Minimum of five years well-rounded administrative experience (administrative assistant, office manager, or secretary)
- Post-secondary education
Desired Skills and Background:
- Experience with an engineering, landscape architecture, environmental, architecture, or other consulting office
- Interest in project coordination/management, document management, office administration, human resources, customer support, contracts, and insurance
- Experience in marketing, especially preparation of proposals and presentation materials
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in PDF editing
- Experience in Web design and editing, especially WordPress
- Experience in graphics software, such as Corel and Adobe Suites
- “Can-do” attitude
- Motivated to learn and grow
Successful team members earn the trust of project leaders with room for growth in many areas. Success is measured by your ability to self-direct and prioritize daily workflow and your effectiveness at completing work independently or communicating otherwise in a timely fashion.
Closing date: open until filled.
To apply for an open position, send an email to the address below, to the attention of Human Resources. Paste your response into the body of the email or attach a PDF or Word document. Include a cover letter with your resume outlining your interest and how you meet the listed requirements. If you do not meet certain required or requested elements, please explain why you feel you are qualified.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.